Recent Changes

Tuesday, May 1

  1. page Meeting 2018 Apr 5 edited ... Steering Committee (Scott Pohlman, chairman) GOAL: Increase momentum by growing active signat…
    ...
    Steering Committee (Scott Pohlman, chairman)
    GOAL: Increase momentum by growing active signatory membership.
    NewOpening position on Steering Committee to take Teten's place come September - let the committee know if you're interested
    New
    possible partners
    ...
    for review
    Southeast Regional Land Conservancy (Karen Heiman) - motion (Connors) to accept SRLC's MOU and seconded (Jeffries), voted in meeting, passed
    Wikispaces going away - Hess exploring options for how to save content and transition to a new platform.
    ...
    table with)
    National

    National
    Wildlife Federation
    ...
    Act letter? Those in meeting were favorable - will send to absent partners for consensus - motion (Connors) to support this Act, seconded (Jeffries)
    FAQ: The Recovery America Wildlife Act
    https://www.fishwildlife.org/application/files/7715/1382/2284/BRP-FAQ_expanded-updated_9-7-16.pdf
    ...
    Action Items from February meeting:
    - Bioblitz application was put on front page of website and updated with new application document and new deadline of March 15
    ...
    new logo options(see below)
    - All
    ...
    more immediate visibilityvisibility? New "Partners" page under "About" tab, but Kaytee will also add list of Partners under "Mission" widget on landing page
    - Question:
    ...
    from meetings? - Kaytee's videographer can help us film this year!
    - Schedule
    ...
    user friendly. Some
    -Some
    mentioned making
    {WakeNature Logo Tagline (9).png} {WakeNature Logo Tagline (10).png}
    {Snip20180404_14.png}
    ...
    Deadline for BioBlitz applications was March 15th
    Action Items from February Meeting:
    ...
    review bioblitz applicationsapplications:
    Historic Yates Mill County Park - WCPROS
    White Deer Park (Garner not technically a member yet)
    Procter Property application from last year - WCPROS

    - Make
    ...
    for selection - Connors recommends Procter site due to pending development stress and potential interest for biologists, no spring data for the site, has high potential for Nature Preserve status
    Friday, May 18, original tentative date, does not work for host
    Friday, May 11 is the new date (K. Smith is available for video footage)
    Jeffries motioned, K. Smith seconded to approve the Procter property (voted and approved)
    Shouse motioned that we ask White Deer to resubmit next year after signing MOU and perhaps offer a service workday or mini blitz for the fall or some other way to support Garner later this year (reminder from Fowler - we need fall meeting locations!)
    Going forward, need to reinforce the importance of the justification aspect of the BioBlitz application

    - Decide if there is capacity to promote more WakeWonders this year. Need to write up a blurb and get a photo for use to promo committee.
    Capacity Committee (Gary Blank, chairman)
    ...
    - Stacie and Brian can check on Durant and Lake Johnson space availability for workshop on September 14 or 21 (capacity, dates available?)
    - Deborah will check on HYM and Umstead for workshop (capacity, dates available?) - Yates Mill is on hold for us for September 21 but can only hold up to 36 in the classroom at tables. Umstead auditorium holds 60, classroom 25 (not sure if dates will work, still checking)
    -Volunteers for the workshop committee in the room (Shouse, Jeffries, Fowler, Teten)
    -Shouse feels strongly to include local nurseries on top of municipal park professionals/naturalists as invited workshop attendees
    -K. Smith and Massa have possible contacts/speakers
    -Jeffries suggested considering the NC Botanical Garden for either resources or as a workshop location
    -NC Art Museum Park? Just did a large native installation (we may have a few contacts there)

    Other Business
    Fenton Redevelopment Project - 97 acres of State land going from office/residential to
    Professional Development Topic:

    (view changes)

Thursday, April 5

  1. page Meeting 2018 Apr 5 edited ... Steering Committee (Scott Pohlman, chairman) GOAL: Increase momentum by growing active signat…
    ...
    Steering Committee (Scott Pohlman, chairman)
    GOAL: Increase momentum by growing active signatory membership.
    ...
    (Rick Savage), Southeasthave received the MOU for review
    Southeast
    Regional Land
    ...
    (Karen Heiman) - motion (Connors) to accept SRLC's MOU and seconded (Jeffries), voted in meeting, passed
    Wikispaces going away.away - Hess exploring options for how to save content and transition to a new platform.
    March for Science request
    National
    - April 14 9AM-12PM; offer the opportunity to partners via email but don't participate as a Partnership (we don't necessarily have materials to table with)
    National
    Wildlife Federation
    ...
    Act letter?
    FAQ: The Recovery America Wildlife Act
    https://www.fishwildlife.org/application/files/7715/1382/2284/BRP-FAQ_expanded-updated_9-7-16.pdf
    (view changes)
  2. page Meeting 2018 Apr 5 edited ... Tweet about this meeting ... Tweet Attendance Notes ... Pohlman, Teten, Annotated Age…
    ...
    Tweet about this meeting ... Tweet
    Attendance Notes
    ...
    Pohlman, Teten,
    Annotated Agenda Items
    Please add items you'd like to see on the agenda by 5PM Tues before the meeting.
    ...
    New possible partners - Town of Garner (Katie Lockhart), Carolina Wetlands Association (Rick Savage), Southeast Regional Land Conservancy (Karen Heiman)
    Wikispaces going away.
    March for Science request
    National Wildlife Federation - sign the Recovering America's Wildlife Act letter?
    FAQ: The Recovery America Wildlife Act
    (view changes)
  3. page Meeting 2018 Apr 5 edited ... Tweet about this meeting ... Tweet Attendance Notes Ferrell, Snow, Pohlman, Teten, Anno…
    ...
    Tweet about this meeting ... Tweet
    Attendance Notes
    Ferrell, Snow, Pohlman, Teten,
    Annotated Agenda Items
    Please add items you'd like to see on the agenda by 5PM Tues before the meeting.
    (view changes)

Wednesday, April 4

  1. page Meeting 2018 Apr 5 edited ... {Snip20180404_14.png} {Snip20180404_17.png} {Snip20180404_19.png} Inventory Committee …
    ...
    {Snip20180404_14.png}
    {Snip20180404_17.png}
    {Snip20180404_19.png}
    Inventory Committee (John Connors, chairman)
    GOAL: Places on the ground - designate publicly accessible WakeNature Preserves.
    (view changes)
    6:06 pm
  2. 5:49 pm
  3. page Meeting 2018 Apr 5 edited ... - Schedule summer meeting(s) to explore ways to simplify website, revamp it, and make it more …
    ...
    - Schedule summer meeting(s) to explore ways to simplify website, revamp it, and make it more user friendly. Some mentioned making WakeWonders not its own page, but under another dropdown.
    {WakeNature Logo Tagline (9).png} {WakeNature Logo Tagline (10).png}
    {Snip20180404_14.png}
    {Snip20180404_17.png}

    Inventory Committee (John Connors, chairman)
    GOAL: Places on the ground - designate publicly accessible WakeNature Preserves.
    (view changes)
    5:45 pm
  4. 5:43 pm
  5. 5:42 pm
  6. 4:41 pm

More